Thursday, July 25, 2013

How to do: Jump pose

This is da bomb pose for seniors.  It's fun, it shows energy, and is fairly easy!

1. First off, makes sure you have a fast shutter speed, I'm talk'n like at least 1/400
2.  Make sure you are focused on the subject BEFORE you start shooting.
3.  Tell them to jump on three....
4. Before you even say "three", start shooting, to make sure you don't miss the key moment





Okay, compare these to photos, which one looks better?  The 2nd one!  Why?  I'll tell you. ;D

With the 1st, it looks like she has no feet and no lower legs.  Awkward.

SO what I told her to do on the 2nd picture, to turn slightly away from the camera and then make sure her feet were apart when she jumped.
ALSO I showed her what expression I wanted, FUN!!!  A jumping pose is WAY more interesting if you have an energetic and fun expression!


Okay, that's all I have. :)  Please comment if you have any questions, or if something didn't make sense, I'll gladly answer any question! :)



1 comment:

  1. Heeheehe! I don't think I've ever seen her look so happy! =P

    No. 4, That's a good point!

    I DO have a question, but it pertains to things other than jumping; how do you get two vertical pictures side by side? (Like you had in the Posing- Girl version??)

    Thanks! =)

    xx ~Jenny

    ReplyDelete